Hands on Workshop Manager (Electric Boat Manufacturing)
Competitive - plus bonus
RS Sailing are looking for a Hands-on Workshop Manager to lead our talented team of Electrical Vehicle (EV) Technicians. You will be responsible for the day to day safe and efficient running of the Electric Vehicle fitout workshop, ensuring efficiencies and best practice are implemented and a safe environment is maintained for us all to work in. You will have the ability to delegate work to staff whilst inspiring by leading by example and being a supportive leader.
See www.RSsailing.com and www.RSelectricboats.com
Your day-to-day duties would include
- Running of a busy workshop delivering Full fit out on electric ribs
- Implementation of 12v systems in new build boats which includes communication systems and integral motor systems
- Carrying out / supervising GRP repairs where needed.
- Ensure Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) policies, procedures and regulations are followed.
- Implement improved maintenance regimes to enhance reliability and productivity.
- Managing all Health and Safety requirements for the site
To be successful in this role you will need
- At least 2 years’ experience supervising / managing a team of 2 or more people
- A good knowledge of boats and the marine industry
- Proven track record working within a Workshop
- A problem-solving mindset
- Leadership skills
- Highly competent in using hand tools
- The ability to discuss and negotiate agreeable solutions to supplier and customer problems.
- Can demonstrate strong interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Analytical problem-solving skills with high attention to detail
- The ability to maintain personal technical knowledge and skills.
- Strong understanding of customer expectations, customer handling skills and empathy.
- Ability to effectively organise workloads whilst maintaining workshop efficiencies.
- Sustainability will be a core motivation with a passion for the environment
- Always driven to deliver tasks on time.
- Strong technical competence
- Experience using Microsoft Office
- Highly competent in understanding 2D drawings
- Understanding the basics of electrical 12-volt systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Can work independently or within a team
- Ability to work effectively in varied environments – from the HQ Office in Romsey, Hamble Production facility, Home and with suppliers. (The majority of the work will be at our workshop in Hamble.)
- Ability to travel as required.
- Know when to ask for help.
If you have experience in any of these areas this would be an advantage (although not essential as training will be provided)
- Power boat driving – Ideally holding a RYA powerboat level 2 qualification, we will support an employee to gain this qualification should there be a need.
- Safety (working knowledge required, formal qualifications preferred but training will be given if not available)
- Good grades in education
- Full clean driving licence
- Forklift licence (desirable but not essential)
The benefits of working at RS Sailing
- Bonus Scheme: Company Bonus Scheme
- Holiday: 20 days per year plus bank holidays. To increase by 1 day per year after 3 years’ service to a maximum of 5 additional days
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Staff discount from Rooster Sailing.
- Discount on any items sold by RS Sailing.
- This is a real opportunity to be the forefront for fit out of the electrification of small/medium motorboats and ribs.
- Staff uniform
- You will be part of an award-winning, pioneering team of the RS Marine Group